DIPLOMA IN OPERATION THEATRE TECHNICIAN
Operation theatre technique is one of the specialized branches of medicine which deals with preparation of the operation theater before surgery including sterilization. The technicians can assist in common surgeries, can take care of the patients in post operative area, maintain all the records in OT and can perform CPR. The scope of this program is wide and can train them to develop the skill required to minimize the HAI at the hospitals.
Duration of course Total duration of the course is 2 years.
- The minimum educational requirements shall be the passing of 12 years of schooling (10+2 year course) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Physics, Chemistry, Maths with 35 % marks in intermediate exams from UP board or any other board.
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
- There is no maximum age limit for the admission.
The selection process of the candidate will be based on individual’s performances in the qualifying examinations (10+2) or any other examination recognized as equivalent exam by the competent authority.
Further the candidate will be screened through personal interview and document verification. Candidate needs to be medically fit. The decision of the selection/admission committee shall be final.
Diploma in Operation Theatre Technician program is all about an innovative and career-oriented course. Operation Theatre Technician course is the basic program that deals with the ethics, arrangements of the operation theatre, and managing the pieces of equipment that are necessary while performing surgery. In this course, students learn how to take care of a patient pre and post-operation. They are also given proper training to assist surgeons, anesthetists, and nurses to maintain hygiene in the OT rooms by adopting the sterilize and disinfecting process. This course is affiliated to Uttar Pradesh State Medical Faculty.
Diploma in OT Technician First Year Subject
||Name of the Subject
- General Anatomy & Physiology (Cytology, Histology, Osteology and basics of all organ systems of body).
- Only basics of relevant Pathology, Pharmacology (including anaesthetic Agents) & Microbiology.
- Detailed Surgical Anatomy.
- Basics of OT techniques, CSSD techniques and Anaesthesia techniques.
- Hand hygiene & prevention of cross infection.
- Basics life support (BLS) & Cardio- pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
Diploma in OT Technician Second Year Subject
||Name of the Subject
- Only relevant surgical & medical conditions (relevant to OT technician).
- Nursing Procedures like vital recording, IM/IV/SC injection, Oxygen therapy, Nebulisation, IV infusion.
- Details of common surgeries & applied OT techniques.
- Basics of CSSD & sterilization practices, biomedical waste management.
- Basic biomedical engineering physics of OT equipments & instruments.