The basic Diploma course in General Nursing and Midwifery is geared to the health needs of the individuals, family, community and the country at large. A Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery offers students challenging career opportunities in health care services.
Duration of course
The diploma course in general nursing and midwifery shall be of 3 years duration
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year in which admission is sought. The maximum age for admission shall be 35 years.
- There is no age limit for ANM/ LHW.
- The minimum educational requirements shall be the passing of 12 years of schooling (10+2 year course) recognized by CBSE/ICSE/SSSCE/HSCE or a recognized equivalent examination.
- 10+2 with English and must have obtained a minimum of 40% at the qualifying examination and English individually from any recognized board.
- Candidates are also eligible from state open school recognized by state government and national institute of open school (NOIS) Recognized by central government. However science is preferable.
- 10+2 With English having 40% of marks in vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian nursing Council.
- 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in vocational stream-health care science from a recognized CBSE board/state/centre.
- Registered ANM with pass mark.
For foreign Nationals
The entry qualification equivalency i.e. 12th standard will be obtained by Association of India Universities, New Delhi, Institution, State nursing council will be responsible to ensure that the qualification and eligibility will be equivalent to what has been prescribed as above.
- For disabled candidates 3% disability reservation to be considered with a disability of locomotor to the tune of 40% to 50% of the lower extremity and other eligibility criteria with regard to age of qualification will be same as prescribed for each nursing programme.
- 5% of total marks is relaxed for SC/ST candidates.
- Any other reservation as per the State Govt.
The selection process of the candidate will be based on individual’s performances in the qualifying examinations (10+2) or any other examination recognized as equivalent exam by the university.
Further the candidate will be screened through personal interview and document verification. Candidate needs to be medically fit. The design of the selection/admission committee shall be final.
General Nursing and Midwifery is designed for students who want to pursue a career in clinical nursing and is aimed at preparing students for the clinical approach of handling patients.
GNM FIRST YEAR SUBJECT
|S. No||Name of the Subject|
|Anatomy and physiology|
|Fundamentals of nursing|
|4||Community Health Nursing|
GNM SECOND YEAR SUBJECT
|S.NO||Name of the Subject|
|1||Medical surgical nursing-I|
|2||Medical surgical nursing-II|
|3||Mental health nursing|
|4||Child health nursing|
GNM THIRD YEAR SUBJECT
|S.NO||Name of the Subject|
|1||Midwifery & Gynecological nursing|
|2||Community health nursing|